The construction began in 1971, during the Soviet period. The first phase was completed in 1980. Further development was implemented between 2002 and 2009 when the complex was handed over to the American-Armenian businessman Gerard Cafesjian in the early 2000s and a complete renovation was performed. A large museum complex was also planned for the top. Although the construction of the museum was launched, it was frozen in the early stages and has not continued for years.
New generation office building "Yerevan Plaza" is the first "A" Class Business Centre in Armenia. The modern eight-floor building is right in the heart of the Armenian Capital , across from the City Hall. "Yerevan Plaza" Business Centre is equipped with most advanced engineering systems and "intelligent building" technologies , which secure highest comfort and safety. It is a multifunctional complex, whith every facilitiy for most effective business activities. The total area of is over 13.000 square meters, with 9.000 square meters available for occupation by various organizations.
Thus, in August 2005, on the 60th Commemoration Day of Hiroshima and Nagasaki A-bomb attacks, 1000 cranes and 250 painted lanterns made by the hands of Armenian children were sent to Hiroshima YMCA to pay honours to the victims. The Hiroshima dwellers kindly appreciated this program called “Peace Lanterns”. The folded lanterns sent by the Armenian children were set afloat by Japanese children.
Taking into consideration the increasing interest of Armenians in Japanese culture, NAC and “Peace Lanterns” NGO decided to join efforts and to found a “Hikari” AJP Scientific, Educational and Cultural Centre to fulfill intercultural activities and to unite all organizations and individuals interested in Japanese culture.
Solving the Regional problems by peaceful means via International Law.
"SHOONCH" yoga & pilates studio. Shoonch, meaning Breath in English, is a yoga & pilates studio located in the heart of Yerevan. Since its foundation in 2007, Shoonch has strived to present the art of yoga to enthusiasts in Yerevan. The studio was the first in Armenia to offer regular classes with internationally certified resident and visiting yoga instructors. Shoonch instructors are expected to continue with their training by attending internationally established yoga retreats and training courses to achieve higher degrees of proficiency.
Various styles and levels of Hatha yoga are practiced on regular basis. Special classes include prenatal yoga, kid’s yoga and retreats.
Water World is located in one of the picturesque sites of Yerevan with total area of two hectares. It is a real oasis, where in hot weather you can escape from summer heat and have a marvelous time with a family. Water World is open in summer and offers various entertainments and everything necessary for the good rest both for adults and children.
Water World complies with all European standards, water quality is provided by sophisticated equipment and comes up to all requirements. Water attractions, swimming pools for adults and children as well as hot tubs will allow your getaway from the heat, elevate and make your recreation unforgettable. The site also has the entertainment zone - restaurant, café, bar, fast food, as well as lock rooms, shower rooms and parking. Your security on the territory is provided by a team of rescuers and coaches, and when necessary – first aid will be rendered.
Технический центр-академия - это комплекс для всех и особенно тех, кто ценит удовольствие, которое дарит спорт.
Академия открылась 1 сентября 2010 года в районе Аван в Ереване. Красную ленточку на официальном открытии разрезали почетные гости – президент Армении Серж Саркисян, глава УЕФА Мишель Платини и председатель АФФ Рубен Айрапетян.
Главная цель новой академии – способствовать развитию армянского футбола.
Центр открыт для всех детей – любителей футбола. К услугам посетителей спортивного центра 5 футбольных полей, бассейны, тренировочный зал, теннисные корты, гостиничный комплекс и многое другое.
Главной целью футбольной академии является поддержание развития армянского футбола.
1-ого сентября 2010г. в Аване Президент Армении Серж Саргсян, Президент УЕФА Мишель Платини и Президент АФА Рубен Айрапетян перерезали красную ленту, тем самым официально открыв технический центр.
Центр открыт для всех детей - любителей футбола.
Технический центр-академия - единственная во всей Армении по своему масштабу.
Это самый крупный центр такого рода на Южном Кавказе и один из лучших в Европе.
TRIUMPH STYLE STUDIO is a beauty salon in the new format, which is based on the best technologies and methods in the beauty industry. Our salon Room is equipped with modern equipment and offers full service.
Beauty salon staff is comprised of the best professionals, who are well known in the fashion industry with modern methods, only the best materials are used in the salon and beauty supplies. In TRIUMPH STYLE STUDIO You can get high quality service and perfect final product, which of course will underline your personality and charm.
Our sports complex has a variety of services
ABS Back Stretch,
This is where you can break away from the bustle of the city and finally practice your favourite sport. We will provide you the quality and all the amenities, leaving you just enjoy the time spent with us.
Yerevan Zoo is the Nation’s Zoo. We are committed to the natural heritage of Armenia and its conservation for future generations. Our mission as a public educational institution is to serve all citizens equally and to provide enriching experiences connecting people of all ages with nature and in particular with the rich wildlife of our homeland. We see it as our obligation to teach and inspire our visitors to protect wildlife, natural resources, and habitats. Pursuing this mission, we strive in our daily work to harmonize the human desire for encounters with wild animals, with the best practices in animal welfare and care.
The Museum of History of the city of Yerevan was founded in 1931.
Being subordinated to the communal department of the city council, it was initially called Communal Museum, and then starting 1936 it was renamed the Museum of History of the city of Yerevan. At the moment of its foundation the museum occupied one of rooms on the 2nd floor of the building of the fire department. In 1936 the museum was moved to the Blue Mosque (Gyoy-Jamy), where it functioned about 60 years.
In 1994-1997 the museum was located in the building of the girls' gymnasium Hripsimyan, and in 1997-2005 in the building of the secondary school N1 after Shahumyan.
In 2005 the museum settled in the newly built building of the City Hall of Yerevan, which represents an integrated architectural complex. Thus, after a long journey, substantially and firmly, deservedly and with full right, the museum settled in the new building, constructed according to the creative thought and talents of the architect Jim Torosyan: the building conforms to the fame and rich collection of the museum, collected values and the ancient history of the city.
Over 89700 items are housed today in the Museum of History of the city of Yerevan, which present material and spiritual culture of the capital from ancient times to this day/ our time.
The National Gallery of Armenia is the country’s major art gallery. Its collection is displayed in 56 galleries, which allow the Gallery to tell the story of national visual arts, decorative-applied arts as well as world culture from ancient times to our days. In the galleries of European, Russian, Armenian and Oriental art the visitors are introduced to the art of Aivazovsky, Sarian, Kandinsky, Donatello and other distinguished artists.
HayPost CJSC is the official national postal operator of the Republic of Armenia which provides postal, payment and retail services. HayPost currently operates through 900 of its postal offices across Armenia, from urban to the most remote rural regions.
The Republic Square is the large central town square in Yerevan, Armenia.
The square was designed by architect Alexander Tamanyan within the 1924 main plan of Yerevan city. The construction of the square started in 1926. The first phase of the construction was completed in 1929. It was further developed until 1952 and finally completed in 1958.
The oval shaped square has a stone pattern in the centre, meant to look like a traditional Armenian rug from above. The dancing water fountains are located at the northeastern forehead of the square in front of the National Gallery. The buildings around the square are made of rose and white Armenian tufa stones, fortified on a basalt-made ground anchor.
The Megerians continue to apply their unparalleled skill in the creation of rugs and tapestries of uncompromising artistry and workmanship. Each signed piece represents a rare combination of Old World craftsmanship and the design aesthetics of today's most discerning clientele, and every Megerian design is copyrighted to ensure its individuality. Each work is a product of the integrity of the Megerian touch, from the discriminating selection of original materials and dyes, to the painstaking attention to knotting technique, to the completely thorough final inspection in the antique making. Of course, the Megerians also continue to trade in the world's finest antique rugs and tapestries, drawing inspiration for their own designs from the classic beauty of the originals.
Vazgen Sargsyan Republican Stadium also known as the Republican Stadium is an all-seater multi-use stadium located on 65 Vardanants street, in the Armenian capital Yerevan. The stadium was built between 1933 and 1935. It was officially opened in 1935 as Dinamo Stadium. Further developments were implemented in 1953, after the end of World War II. It is mainly used for association football and is the home ground of the Armenia national football team. The capacity of the stadium is 14,403 seats.
The stadium was opened in 1935 during the Soviet rule and named Dinamo Stadium. In 1999, after a major renovation, the name was changed to Republican Stadium (Hanrapetakan Stadium). By the end of 1999, after the assassination of the former prime minister of Armenia Vazgen Sargsyan, the name of the stadium was officially changed to Vazgen Sargsyan Republican Stadium. It is currently used for football matches and is the home ground of the Armenian national team as well as the local football club Ulisses FC of the Armenian Premier League.
A major renovation of the stadium was envisaged to take place in 1995, but the process was delayed due to financial difficulties. In 1999, a large-scale renovation process was launched and more than US$ 3 million were spent on the development of the infrastructure, the seats and many other facilities, with the financial assistance of the UEFA Executive Committee. By the end of 2000, the stadium was completely renovated with a fully covered seating facilities.
The Republican Stadium was named after Vazgen Sargsyan by a presidential decree on December 28, 1999. Vazgen Sargsyan was the commander of the Armenian forces during the Nagorno-Karabakh War and served as Defence Minister from 1995 to 1999 and Prime Minister from June to October 27, 1999 when he and other high-ranked officials were killed in the Armenian parliament shooting.
Another major renovation was carried on in 2008 through the Israeli company Green Diversified Ltd. The playing pitch was entirely replaced with a modern surface, the VIP sections were repaired and a modern security system was installed in the stadium to meet the UEFA standards. By the end of August 2008, the stadium was ready to host matches on the new pitch. As a result of the installment of new VIP sections, the seating capacity was reduced from 14,968 to 14,403.